Friday, August 5, 2016

Roast Beef Sandwich with Rosemary Bread and Daiya Slices


When you have a salad blog but you make a hot sandwich instead...

That's right, I went rogue. The truth is out there, people. I don't just eat salads, sandwiches have been one of my best friends since I was a nugget. Can we talk about my undying love for a quality PB&J?

As I'm sure you've figured out, this is a dairy-free sandwich with all the fixings to make a proper meal. I bought most items from a store I love but I'm not affiliated with so I probably shouldn't say where I went. (Two words, second word is Joe)

Now, as I was saying, I love sandwiches. Ask anyone. When I was a kid my mom would ask me what I wanted for dinner and I would say grilled cheese or a salami sandwich on a baguette. I know, so french. I wasn't that posh, trust me.

As I've gotten older I've grown to love tomatoes, lettuce and avocado and I love a quality warm sandwich.

This one came to me after a super hot 90 minute yoga class. I was starving but held out for this warmed up delight. It was super simple to whip up and I hope you enjoy it.





Roast Beef Sandwich with Rosemary Bread and Daiya Slices

Warm and savory roast beef with sweet tomato, romaine lettuce and daiya provolone cheese slices on toasted rosemary bread.

Recipe by: The Salad Trip

Ingredients: 
- 4 -5 Deli Roast Beef , slices
- 1 Tbs Mayo
- 1 Romaine Lettuce Leaf, broken in half
- 1 Daiya Provolone, slice
- 2 Tomato, slices (Roma Tomatoes are good too!)
- 2 Medium thick local Rosemary Bread, slices
- 1/4 Avocado, slices
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Pepper, Cracked (optional)

Instructions:

Warm skillet or pan to a medium temp, add olive oil.

Put inside of rosemary bread onto warmed up olive oil and allow to toast for 1 minute then add roast beef slices to a section of the pan (about a minute each side). Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes until bread is golden brown. Once ready to flip over, add little more olive oil to the pan and then flip.

While the bread is toasting, add a slice of Daiya cheese to the side that's already toasted to start the melting process. Add the roast beef slices to top of cheese.

Once the other side of the bread has been toasted, turn heat to low and cover the toast with the lid of the pan and allow to melt for about 2 minutes.

Remove from heat, add mayo to dry side lettuce, tomato and avocado slices and finish with pepper. Assemble. Add tooth picks to the sides before slicing in half.

Serve with apple slices!

Enjoy!

Details:

Prep time: 1 min  Cook time: 5 mins  Total time: 6 mins  Yield: 1 Servings (2 if you're nice)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.