Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets (with Avocado)

Bowl with the Recipe for Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets Salad

I'm really excited to share this first post! I haven't always had a love for salads. It was a hate relationship for a long time until I came acquainted with dressing! Ranch dressing, to be more specific. Then I had a surgery and learned that I became dairy intolerant so I had to find an alternative way to dress my salads.

After a lot of research, trial and error, I learned to make my own ranch and make creamy dressings alone! I started thinking about the restaurants I was visiting in downtown Seattle and, overtime, came to realize that I could possibly make a version at home without the dairy or the fried bits. I began experimenting and bringing in little tasters for co-workers and family members. Until one day, a co-worker and girlfriend of mine was talking about how I should upload one of my recipes to my blog.

A lot of thoughts went in and out of that suggestion, until I came to find a solution - a brand new blog, dedicated to my beloved practice! Thus, The Salad Trip was built out.


Let's get to this recipe. My decision to develop this was primarily due to a co-worker peeling beets in the kitchen last week. She was telling me about her process in roasting and peeling beets, as she was cutting one up, and she gave me one of them. - Such a doll! I then thought "this is going to add a delicious sweetness to my salad today"! Now for the record, you can use uncooked beets or pre-cooked beets at Trader Joe's. Both taste terrific with this salad. After my co-worker confirmed it, this is the recipe that started it all...
Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets Salad Recipe close up
Side view of the Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets Salad Recipe

Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets (with Avocado)Recipe Image for Honey Balsamic Shrimp on the Beets (with Avocado) Salad
Warm Balsamic Honey Shrimp served over sweet and savory Beets and Avocado layered over a bed of lettuce and cabbage.
Recipe by: The Salad Trip
Ingredients:
  • 12 (Pre Cooked) Shrimp
  • 1 Beets
  • 1 Avocado
  • 1.5 Cups Red Cabbage
  • 3 Cups Romaine Lettuce
  • 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
  • 4 Tbs Balsamic Vin.
  • 2 Tbs Honey
  • 1 tsp Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp Garlic, Chopped
  • To Taste Pepper, Cracked
Instructions:
Chop Lettuce and Cabbage into your preferred stripes. Set aside in a large bowl. Chop Beets and Avocado into cubes. Mix and set on top of Lettuce and Cabbage. Set Aside.
In a small bowl, mix Olive Oil, Balsamic, Honey and Chili. Put Shrimp in a zip lock bag and add oil mix. Shake and mix together until Shrimp is fully coated. 
In a medium saute pan and warm a Tbs of olive oil. Cook Shrimp 6 at a time while pouring in half of the oil mix from the bag. Flip when lightly caramelized on the first side. 
Remove and add the other 6 with remaining oil mix. When done, add shrimp to the top of the salad mix and pour caramelized dressing on top.
Add optional cracked pepper to the top and Enjoy!
Details:


Prep time: 5 mins   Cook time: 10 mins   Total time: 15 mins  Yield: 2 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.