Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pepper Roasted Cashews on a Turkey Garden Salad

Full picture of the Pepper Roasted Cashews on a Turkey Garden Salad

Happy Memorial Day weekend, all! I am so excited because I am doing exactly what I want for the next three days - Getting my life back in shape AND relaxing. I can't ask for a better holiday break. Staycations are something to always consider because you don't have to put a lot of thought into them. You can explore around your state or pack up the car for a nice long hike around the mountains. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest.

Last weekend, I ended up at the wineries with one of my best gal pals and we had an amazing time just sitting and drinking a nice chilled rose. I love nothing more than 1:1 time with a great friend.

This weekend's salad is something I throw together a lot, especially for work. I generally make it in the spring/summer months because radishes hit the stores a lot more. It's super simple to make in advance and ensemble in the office. All you need is a microwave for the Turkey and you're set to go. I have had this salad when the Turkey is cold and it's honestly just as good but it's cold and rainy in the great city of Seattle so I chose to heat it up.

I love how crunchy the radishes are with the grapes and how the cashews are peppered to add a little spice to an easy salad. The creamy herb dressing is dairy-free and mayo base due to a daily intolerance. I have had this mix with an orange vinaigrette before and it's divine I recommend it if you are anti-creamy dressings. Totally understandable. You do you and don't let anyone judge you for it!

I made both the turkey and the peppered cashews in advance. I got the idea for the roasted cashew recipe on another blogger's site! The main difference is that I only used a little rosemary and a whole bit more cracked pepper. You can buy pre-roasted cashews at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. TJ's has a great Salt and Pepper Pistachio that's to die for but feel free to go crazy. Cooking is supposed to be fun!

Turkey Garden Salad close up of the sliced grapes, peppered cashews, radishes and romaine.

Salad on the table of a balcony displaying the roasted pepper cashews, radishes, sliced grapes, turkey and herb dressing in the afternoon light.


Pepper Roasted Cashews on a Turkey Garden Salad

Spicy cracked pepper roasted cashews with warm cooked turkey, sliced grapes and radishes on a romaine bed. Creamy herb dressing served generously.

Recipe by: Allison Tripi

Ingredients: 
- 1 Cup Roasted Peppered Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Grapes
- 5 Sliced Radishes
- 3 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Lbs Turkey

Creamy Herb Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 2 Tbs Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- To Taste Salt & Pepper, Cracked

Instructions:

In a medium frying pan, add olive oil to coat pan and cook turkey. Add seasonings of your choice, garlic, onion and Italian seasonings are great here.

While cooking, chop lettuce and slice radishes and grapes. Set aside in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, mix mayo, almond milk, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together with a fork until nicely blended into a creamy dressing.

After dishing out servings, add dressing to each. When Turkey is cooked through, add it and the roasted cashews to servings.

Add optional cracked pepper to the top and Enjoy!

Details:

Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Yield: 2 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.