Saturday, March 25, 2017

Creamy Paleo Broccoli Salad


Hey salad friends! 

This recipe is bomb. There I spoke the truth. It's honestly so good though. As in, I took a bite and was in pure heaven. It's just a little spicy (from the garlic) and chock-full of all the good stuff. Like, alllllll of it. Did I mention, it's not ONLY dairy-free but also Paleo!

Here's what I'm loving and craving right now: crunchy, filling, savory and nutty. If you love and are craving all of those items, this is the salad for you. 

Broccoli salad has a beautiful Sunday afternoon feel to it. I think it's similar to potato salad, where it was brought by someone to any barbecue or picnic for church or gatherings with friends. It's always there and it was always so ... sweet. I'm not a fan of the sweet broccoli salad so that sweet was cut down in ten-folds. #sorry #notsorry

I love bringing this to work on days I know I'm not going to be able to leave my desk because you don't have to warm it up. It's served cold. It's also great for when you do go to a picnic or a barbecue because it travels really well. I would triple this batch for a party of 12. I made one batch and used it as my main meal and it only got me through 3 days at work. Just some food for thought.  


In my more recent post I mentioned I am currently on paleo. I have been doing a ton of experimenting, which you've seen on my personal IG. I try to keep The Salad Trip's IG strictly salad related. I currently made paleo bread and scones. It's been really fun to experiment and I think it's helping me become a better cook. I tend to research a lot to figure out what I'm going to make next. 

I'd love to know if anyone else is on paleo too. The longest I've gone on paleo is 4 months and I was lifting heavier, running faster and just feeling fit all around. I'd love to hear others stories. 

So excited for summer picnic, y'all!


Creamy Paleo Broccoli Salad

A fair amount of broccoli florets mixed with all the fixin's for the perfect side dish. Creamy mayo based dressing to make it savory and delightful.

Recipe by: The Salad Trip

Ingredients: 
- 1 lb broccoli, or 2 heads
- 4 Uncured Bacon, slices
- 1 shallot, small
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Cup Mayo ( I use Primal Mayo)
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 tsp Vinegar (white or apple cider)
Instructions:

First step for the salad is to cooker you bacon. Either pan fry or stick on a tin foil in the oven for 12 minutes at 400*.

While bacon is cooking, pull stems off of broccoli with hands or a knife. After start pulling apart to smaller pieces of desired size for salad. Set aside in a medium bowl.

After allowing bacon to crisp and cool, chop it up with the shallots, dried cherries and pecans. Add to broccoli bowl.

Add mayo, honey and vinegar right to the bowl. Mix all together.

Take a picture, post to instagram, #thesaladtrip and enjoy!

Details:

Prep time:  10 mins  Cook time: 10 - 12 mins  Total time: 22 mins  Yield: 4 Servings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.