Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Green with Envy Pork Salad


Won't lie, this might be the greenest salad I've ever made. I love color, I always try to incorporate some type of rainbow infested mixture into my salads but this week: I've failed. 

As my legs moved me from the office kitchen, back to my desk, there were whispers amongst my fellow colleagues and silent glazes of disappointment in the air... not really. I had one co-worker come up to me and merely say "That's the greenest salad ever. It almost looks too healthy". Which I can't decide is a slap in the face or a hand shake but either way, do not be fooled. This toss came out delightful. 

I stuck with a very simple dressing of olive oil and herbs. I also added a left over pork chop on top. Nothing like left overs to save money and mix up your plain salad! 

Next time, I'll work on my color. It's been a busy month. I know I've mentioned that in a few of my posts but it's thrown me off my game! I'll be back in no time though. 



Green with Envy Pork Salad

Herb seasoned oven baked pork chops laid over a bed of shredded romaine, chopped broccoli, green onions and grilled artichoke hearts. Light dressed with an herb olive oil mix.

Recipe by: The Salad Trip

Ingredients: 
Oven Baked Pork:
- 3 Hand Sized Pork Chops
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano

Salad:
- 3 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped
- 1 Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Stems Celery, sliced
- 8 - 12 Grilled Artichokes (Used: CaraMia Jarred Artichokes)

Olive Oil Herb Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano, Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, Cracked
- Salt, Dash

Instructions:

Pre heat oven to 375*.

Foil wrap your baking pan for easy clean up. Lay the 3 pork chops on the tray and light drizzle with olive oil. Lightly shake on the garlic powder, black pepper and oregano.

Allow to cook for 15 minutes and flip. Add a little more cracked pepper and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Make sure pork is perfectly white inside.

While cooling, shred romaine, chop broccoli and slice onion and celery. Set aside.

In a small bowl, mix olive oil with herbs. Set aside.

Cut pork chops into even strips.

Assemble salad by adding the greens and grilled artichokes together. Drizzle olive oil mix. Serve and add the pork chop strips on top.

Enjoy!

Details:

Prep time: 10 mins  Cook time: 20 mins  Total time: 30 mins  Yield: 2 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.