Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Healthy Greeting to 2017

A tomato smiling in an elevator

Happy New Years, Salad Lovers. I'm happy to say that I've gratefully ended 2016 with health, joy and thankfulness.

My absence over the past month hasn't been for lack of creative energy but from stress and sickness. My beautiful grandmother had a stroke the day after Thanksgiving and I came down with the flu for the second time in November. After carrying that flu right into December and getting better again, I was finally able to travel out to see my grandmother.

My friends, when I tell you my trip was the hardest experience of my life, I hope you'll trust me. There aren't enough words to explain my despair and heart ache of seeing her so sick and frail. My grandmother is one of the strongest women I have ever know. She's incredible. She speaks 5 different languages and understands Latin. LATIN. She's independent and determined and everything you could possibly idolize... and for her to be lost in her own mind... well, it destroyed my whole world. Suddenly we are not invincible and made of iron. Suddenly, this life isn't forever and we age and our bodies fail us.

This trip was an eye opening experience for the New Year. It brought determination to live as hard as I can for as long as I can because even if you get to 80, it'll never be enough if you aren't living a positive and happy life.

I thought it would be fun to share my New Year's resolutions with you. Without further ado:
  1.  Travel once a month
  2.  Take 30 minutes everyday to be creative 
  3.  See my Grandmother as much as I can
  4.  Join a blogging circle
  5.  Take cooking classes
  6.  Take french lessons 
  7.  Learn to be heard 
  8.  Call my family more often
  9.  Have an open heart to love
  10.  Be present 
Here's to a brand new year filled with adventures, hopes, dreams, love and happiness.






P.S. For those of you wondering about the tomato photo, this little guy was just sitting on the rail of an elevator of an apartment complex in Seattle. I don't know who's little master mind he belongs to but it certainly made me laugh and he's a reminder to be spontaneous and to take time to help others smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.